The « Global Business Development » department at Pernod Ricard’s International Headquarters (Paris) is responsible for the development and deployment of strategic marketing and sales solutions for the Group, in collaboration with brand and market companies.
The “Product Design Team” is responsible for the design of the internal products serving Pernod Ricard digital transformation plan.
As the UI Lead you will be part of a strategic program of Pernod-Ricard supporting the digital transformation of the entire company. You will be a key part of this transformation journey by designing the interactions and the components enabling our Product Designers to design impactfull applications. Our applications are complex business tool powered by artificial intelligence for which interaction design is key.
You will report to the Head of Digital Product Design in the “Global Data and Analytics Group”. We are currently working on multiple applications being deployed in multiple countries. Scaling like a startup is our daily life and being able to deliver in a fast-paced environment is the key. That’s why the Design System is key element of the success of the product design team, and we consider it as a joint product with Pernod Ricard Global IT.
We are looking for a passionate interaction and visual designer expert to be responsible for the UI quality of our digital transformation products and leading product designers. The role includes the design system responsibility and the evangelization across the company on the best UI design practice.
As a new digital digital product design organization, you will be part of a fascinating data centric transformation journey to realize the company strategy: create a platform company. You will participate to deliver best in class digital products and evangelize the digital product design internally and externally. As such, you will have the full liberty to support the growth of the team.
THE MAIN RESPONSABILITIES ARE
- Visual Design Leader: you will be responsible to ensure the visual excellence of our digital transformation project and the respect of our processes.
- Oversee product designers delivery and ensure the perfect visual quality of our applications
- Support and train product designers to nurture and develop their expertise
- Ensure the constant respect of the design practices to enable scalability
- Define methods and process
- Design System Builder: you will be responsible for the evolution of the design system and the creation of new components.
- Make sure the design system respond to our business needs
- Prioritize task to make sure we are delivering value first & continuous improvement on valuable features
- Work in a mixed team with developers to guarantee the feasibility of your components and maintain the documentation.
- Run workshops and regular interviews to understand Designers needs and technical constraints, to improve Design System, and define the best interaction to solve their design problem
- Contribute, maintain and challenge components from the design system
- Organise and manage clear and useful component libraries for both designers and developers
- Ensure components scalability to all brands
- Ensure visual consistency across all products and devices (Desktop, iOS, etc.)
- Producing clear design specifications for Front-end developers
- Ensure quality of the frontend implementations closely with developers
- Respecting and adhering to brand, online and accessibility guidelines
- Design System Community leader: you will be responsible for building the community around the design system as a product:
- Manage the design system community
- Find the right governance with designers and developers
- Align all team members on common rules
- Update clear documentation
- Monitor system usage and evolution
- Design System Evangelist: you will be responsible to promote the design system and the best interaction design across the company.
- Promoting design best practices within the company
- Being a proactive member of the digital design team, inspiring them with great ideas, new approaches, and efficient methodologies
- Nurture and guide Product Designers culture and growth
- Providing strong support to Lead Designers and Head of Design
Master degree in graphic design or interaction design with 5+ years of expériences.
- You are value and long-term results oriented, and you can communicate on the benefits of using components and design system
- Figma is your second language (if not your mother tongue!): Components, libraries, auto-layout, variants, prototypes.
- UI design is your obsession: Typography, colors, layouts
- Atomic Web Design is your ideology: Principles and thinking
- Math behind design are the way you look at the world: space, grid systems, responsive design
- You put the respect of common design best practices above individuals way of doing
- You have strong experience and have the desire to work in the spirit and wine sectors / SAAS technology context on a complex platform.
- You have your ear to the ground regarding new tools and technologies that help us become more effective and efficient
- You have a passion to help our small team grow. You can contribute design practices, are comfortable in voicing your opinion, and love mentoring and coaching others
- You are comfortable working in a fast-growing international company.
- You are comfortable in communicating professionally in English as we are an international team
- Full-time permanent position
- Status frame
- Fixed compensation + bonuses + profit-sharing & participation
- Partial remote